1. The undersigned, Sergio Marchionne, in his capacity as the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Richard Palmer, as the executive officer responsible for the preparation of the Company’s financial statements, pursuant to the provisions of Article 154-bis, clauses 3 and 4, of Legislative Decree no. 58 of 1998, hereby attest:
- the adequacy with respect to the Company structure
- and the effective application
of the administrative and accounting procedures applied in the preparation of the Company’s consolidated financial statements at 31 December 2013.
2. The assessment of the adequacy of the administrative and accounting procedures used for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements at 31 December 2013 was based on a process defined by Fiat in accordance with the Internal Control – Integrated Framework model issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission, an internationally-accepted reference framework.
3. The undersigned moreover attest that:
3.1 the consolidated financial statements at 31 December 2013:
a) have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards, as endorsed by the European Union through Regulation (EC) 1606/2002 of the European Parliament and Council, dated 19 July 2002;
b) correspond to the amounts shown in the Company’s accounts, books and records; and
c) provide a fair and correct representation of the financial conditions, results of operations and cash flows of the Company and its consolidated subsidiaries as of 31 December 2013 and for the year then ended
3.2 the report on operations includes a reliable operating and financial review of the Company and of the Group as well as a description of the main risks and uncertainties to which they are exposed.
27 February 2014
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
EXECUTIVE OFFICER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE COMPANY’S FINANCIAL STATEMENTS