The organization of the Group, with reference to the car mass-market brands, is based on four operating regions (the “regions”) that deal with the development, production and sale of “mass-market brand” passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and related parts and services in specific geographical areas: NAFTA (U.S., Canada and Mexico), LATAM (South and Central America, excluding Mexico), APAC (Asia and Pacific countries) and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). The Group also includes two additional operating segments (Luxury Brands and Components), the first which designs, manufactures and sells luxury cars (Ferrari and Maserati) and the other that produces and sells components and production systems for the automotive industry (Magneti Marelli, Teksid and Comau). Both segments operate on a worldwide basis.
In more detail, the regions and the operating segments identified by the Group are the following:
- NAFTA mainly earns its revenues from the design, development, production, distribution and sale of automobiles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT and Fiat brand names, and from sales of the related parts and accessories (under the Mopar brand name) in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- LATAM mainly earns its revenues from the production and sale of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles and related spare parts under the Fiat and Fiat Professional brand names in South and Central America, excluding Mexico, and from the distribution of Chrysler group brand cars in the same region; in addition, it provides financial services to the dealer network in Brazil and Argentina, and to the dealer network and end customers of CNH Industrial group for the sale of trucks and commercial vehicles in the same countries.
- APAC mainly earns its revenues from the sale of cars, engines and transmissions and related spare parts under the Chrysler and Fiat brands mostly in China, Japan, Australia, South Korea and India. These activities are carried out by the region through both subsidiaries and joint ventures.
- EMEA mainly earns its revenues from the design, development, production and sale of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles under the Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia/Chrysler, Abarth and Fiat Professional brand names and the sale of the related spare parts in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and from the distribution of Chrysler group vehicles in the same areas. In addition, the region provides financial services related to the sale of cars and light commercial vehicles in Europe, primarily through the 50/50 joint venture FGA Capital set up with the Crédit Agricole group included within entities accounted for using the equity method.
- The Luxury Brands (Ferrari and Maserati) grouping earns its revenues from the production and sale of luxury sport cars under the Ferrari and Maserati brands, from managing the Ferrari racing team and from providing financial services offered in conjunction with the sale of Ferrari brand cars.
- The Components (Magneti Marelli, Teksid and Comau) grouping earns its revenues from the production and sale of lighting components, engine control units, suspensions, shock absorbers, electronic systems and exhaust systems and from activities in the plastic molding components and in the after-market carried out under the Magneti Marelli brand name, cast iron components for engines, gearboxes, transmissions and suspension systems and aluminum cylinder heads (Teksid), in addition to the design and production of industrial automation systems and related products for the automotive industry (Comau).
The regions and operating segments reflect the components of the Group that are regularly reviewed by the Chief Executive Officer together with the Group Executive Council for making strategic decisions, allocating resources and assessing performance.