|Profit/(loss) before taxes||1,008||1,519||2,185||706||103|
|Profit/(loss) for the year||1,951||896||1,651||222||-345|
|Owners of the parent||904||44||1,334||179||-374|
|Basic earnings/(loss) per ordinary share (€)||(5)||0.744||0.036||1.101||-||-|
|Profit/(loss) excluding unusuals||(6)||943||1,14||684||342||13|
|Basic earnings/(loss) per ordinary share (excluding unusuals) (€)||0.099||0.242||0.254||-||-|
|Investments in tangible and intangible assets||7,44||7,534||5,528||2,864||2,684|
|of which: capitalized R&D costs||2,042||2,138||1,438||886||748|
|Net industrial debt||6,649||6,545||5,529||542||3,103|
(1) Figures previously included in the 2012 Annual Report have been restated to reflect application of the amendment to IAS 19. Trading profit and EBIT were reduced by €273 million, profit before taxes was reduced by €517 million, and profit for the year was reduced by €515 million.
(2) Includes Chrysler from June 2011.
(3) Excludes activities transferred to Fiat Industrial S.p.A. (now CNH Industrial N.V.) on 1 January 2011.
(4) EBIT plus depreciation and amortization.
(5) For 2011, the calculation assumes conversion of all Fiat S.p.A. preference and savings shares into ordinary shares on January 1st. For prior years, comparable data is not available. Note 12 to the Consolidated Financial Statements provides additional information on the calculation of basic and diluted earnings per share.
(6) Excluding unusual items and, for 2013, also the recognition of one-off net deferred tax assets.
(7) Includes capitalized R&D and R&D charged directly to the income statement.
Select Data by Geographical Area
|Employees||Plants||R&D Centers||Revenues(*) (€ million)|
|Europe (excluding Italy)||26,525||26,767||33||33||16||15||13,038||12,999|
(*) Revenues for each geographical area include Mass-Market Brands, Luxury Brands and Components.
|of which women||(%)||19,6||19.2||17.9|
|Hours of training||(thousand)||4,232||4,206||4,048|
|Employees participating in performance evaluation process (2)||(no.)||54,500||52,700||39,500|
|Frequency rate of accidents||(no. accidents per 100,000 hours worked)||0.19||0.22||0.28|
|Severity rate of accidents||(no. days of absence due to accidents per 1,000 hours worked)||0.06||0.07||0.08|
|Energy consumption by plants (3)||(TeraJoules)||48,322||45,692||48,875|
|CO2 emissions by plants (3)||(thousands of tons)||4,178||3,965||4,196|
|Water withdrawal by plants||(thousands of m3)||24,936||25,874||29,862|
|Waste generated by plants||(thousands of tons)||1,809||1,761||1,855|
|Contributions to local communities (4)||(€ million)||19.7||20.8||36.5|
Note: All data is audited by the independent certification organization SGS Italia S.p.A. The scope, methodology, limitations and conclusions of the audit are provided in the Assurance Statement issued by SGS and published in the Fiat Group 2013 Sustainability Report.
(1) Includes Chrysler Group for the full year.
(2) Includes all employees participating in the PLM (Performance and Leadership Management) and PBF (Performance & Behavior Feedback) evaluation processes.
(3) Data for 2011 has been recalculated to reflect the scope of reporting applicable for 2012.
(4) Includes initiatives undertaken by the Group worldwide in support of local communities. Calculation based on London Benchmarking Group (LBG) method.